If there ever were a forgetter…
I forget everything.
It’s only getting worse with time, and I’m not even that old!
When I met my husband the first time I couldn’t remember my name.
Now I can’t remember my children’s names, I mix them up all the time.
I used to walk over to one room or the other to get something and then I’d forget why I was even there.
Now I forget before I get to the room.
Thoughts come and unless I catch them on a piece of paper or a gizmo immediately, they’re lost forever in the black hole I call my mommy brain.
Maybe I should blame it on my children and maybe the vitamin D, E, F or G that I really need but forget to take.
Or maybe… it’s who I am and I ought to accept it and learn to work around it.
I have this lovely blog that I have always wanted to take to the next level. It keeps getting dusty on the shelf.
But like I said, I forget.
I forget that I can blog from my smart phone and that sometime during the 15 – 20 minutes I stare blankly into facebook before bedtime, like the Mombie I am, I can write something, that might possibly be useful.
So here are 5 Tips to Getting Things Done for Forgetful People!
- Write ideas down the moment you think of them.
- Don’t hesitate, just do things.
- Break tasks down into small but regular steps, the big stuff will eventually happen.
- Put your ideas where you know you’ll see them again.
- Make a list of things you want to do and when you have spare time try to pull out that list, you’ll find a way to do those things in tiny chunks.
I had more ideas, but I wasn’t writing fast enough, and now they’re gone! So until next time, Insha Allah.